This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He’s probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby’s kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.
Have you noticed the muscles in your uterus tightening now and then? Many women feel these random contractions — called Braxton Hicks contractions — in the second half of pregnancy. Often lasting about 30 seconds, they’re irregular, and at this point, they should be infrequent and painless.
5 thoughts on “Your pregnancy: 31 weeks”
Ok first of all those links don’t lead anywhere, i dunno if they’re broken or what. And i never realized that babies gained so much weight at the end….Lucas still has to more than double in size and he doesn’t have much longer before you spawn!!
Secondly, since i visit your blog at least once a day you have to visit mine now! http://laurenbolton.blogspot.com/
Who’s Dr Dyar and what are “Parenthood” and “Motherhood” and “Breastfeeding” and “Boot Camp” on the calendar? I’m assuming they’re class-type things? Where do you hear/find them…i’ve never heard of most of these things 😦
1. the links dont lead anywhere cause i just cut and paste the section from babycenter.com and those links were embedded in that site
2. yeah most the weight you gain is at the end. i only gained 8 lbs months 1-7 but now im going up a bunch…the girl scout cookies arent helping
3. im not “spawning”…”–verb (used without object)
to deposit eggs or sperm directly into the water, as fishes.”
4. i do visit your blog
5. dr dyar is my obstetrician
6. yes those are the prenatal classesand they are very common. why would you have heard of them tho since youre not pregnant…however since they are depicted in movies all the time im not sure what rock you have been living under
1. Lame! I actually wanted to click on them and enhance my edumacation
3. Jenn gets final vote so my definition wins
5. I thought Dr Webb was your dr?
6. I’ve seen the lamaze-type classy things, but not things like Epidural and a whole bunch of separate ones…i thought it was like a 1 time class of everything but was mostly lamaze (Sp)
3. no she doesnt, she doesnt know anything
5. i have 4 doctors
6. there are a bunch of diff ones…like 10 or so.